Quote Of The Month

"There's a place in Hell reserved for women who don't help other women."
Madeleine Albright

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Finding inspiration when I wasn't looking for it

I recently decided the blurb lines for my blog sites and signature lines for my email addresses needed a shot of B-12. As I surfed the web today, I found a wealth of quotations which, while forcing me to recall the bad old days, also inspired me.

Margaret Thatcher: "I usually make up my mind about a man in ten seconds, and I very rarely change it." More women should take Madam Thatcher's advice. Then stick to it.

Bella Abzug: "The test for whether or not you can hold a job should not be the arrangement of your chromo-somes." I was reminded of the women who went through high school and nursing school with me. Bright, intelligent, hard working women who wanted to become physicians but were told they should not attempt something so rigorous for 1. it would make them unattractive and therefore would never find a husband or 2. could not absorb all that detailed information because after all they were just a 'girl'. Grrrr.

Joan of Arc: "I am not afraid . . . I was born to do this." If only more of us heard and heeded that inner voice.

That is for another day.
Suaimhneas

No comments: